There have been many love stories shown in Bollywood – be it adapted from some novels like Romeo Juliet, Heer Ranjha or even a romcom, where two confused people realize their love for each other in the end. Then, there came a love story which only late filmmaker Yash Chopra could have shown the best on the big screen. And, that is Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta starrer Veer Zaara. The 2004 release showed a cross-border romance between a Pakistani girl and Indian guy.
With SRK playing the role of Squadron Leader Veer Pratap Singh and Preity, who was seen as Zaara Hayat Khan, this love story was a heart-wrenching one as it was shown over a span of 22 years. A guy, who falls in love with a Pakistani girl, leaves his elite job just to confess his love and meet her in Pakistan. But things go all wrong as both has to sacrifice their love and move on. Little did they know, that every love story has a happy ending. Rani Mukerji played a lawyer Saamiya Siddiqui, who leaves no stone unturned to give them justice and unite Veer and Zaara forever.
The movie was a beautiful blend of a star-studded cast who gave power-packed performances, great music by late music director Madan Mohan, sleek direction by Yash Ji and overall a beautiful love story.
Today, Veer Zaara completed 12 years of its release. Let’s take a look at few dialogues from the film, that are still loved by everyone, expressing angst to love!
1. Zaara: Aap Kitne Baar Meri Jaan Bachayenge
Veer: Aap Jitni Baar Apni Jaan Gavayegi
2. Aisa Shaks Jisse Koi Farak Nahi Padta Ki Main Ek Pakistani Hoon Aur Woh Ek Hindustani!
3. Sarhad Paar Ek Aisa Shaks Hai Jo Aapke Liye Apni Jaan Bhi De Dega
4. Mere Desh Ki Har Maa Aap Jaise Hoti Hai
5. Maine Tumhaare Zindagi Ke Do Pal Apne Paas Rakh Liye Hai. Aur Apne Zindagi Ke Do Pal Tumhe De Diye. Ab Yeh Hi Do Pal Hamaari Nishaani Hai Aur Yeh Hi Hamaari Kahaani Bhi
Credit : Pinkvilla